Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I overheard an interesting conversation this morning. Now mind you, that happens frequently in the hair salon and spa world, but this one hit home.

A man, albeit a little quirky, (but hey so am I!) was lecturing someone about positive and negative electrical charges. There was a lot of science, according to him, about how this all works, and that pretty much went in one of my ears and out the other. My quirky little brain perked up, when he started speaking about the pluses and minuses and the way we crave them.
According to this theory this is why people vacation at the beach, or in the mountains. Your heart and soul crave positive and negative charges. I think he said if you live in a valley you yearn to climb to the mountain tops every so often.

Some EXTREMELY unbalanced people long for the desert, but I'm not one of those. Yay! Guess Im not as weird as I thought. But hey, if YOU like the desert more power to you. I prefer desssert, like chocolate cake but whatever. The color green around me is also much more pleasant than brown, unless its of course, that chocolate cake. But I prefer to eat dessert amongst greenery, no dessert in the desert.

As of this morning, I relinquished myself to the fact that IT IS OKAY that I have to get to Texas and see the water. The positive and negative ions in the world are battling with me! No it is not pretty water, but its where I grew up. Its where I have a gazillion memories, and where I learned lessons and grew into who I am now. Its where I hoped and dreamed and learned how to be the stylist to the stars! Now that I don't live there, I don't have any problems there, like if I'm going to pass my Geometry test. In fact I can drive by the high school and scream vulgar things out the window because there are poor children in there suffering AND IM NOT!!!!! WOO HOOOO!!!!

So I can go South and West on Southwest Airlines to Texas, and have a ball. Sleep when I want. Play when I want. Soak the saltwater into my lungs and let it frizz my hair. I can laugh hysterically with all my friends, and relax and have lots of coffee with my daddy.

I am going to fly off of this landlocked piece of earth I'm on and forget the past couple of years of stress and take a vacation. Like in my favorite movie, "What About Bob?" "A vacation from my problems!!!!"
No actually I'm going because Galveston water has the electricity I need.

This weekend I get to go to the Great Smoky Mountains, and I know those little microscopic bubbles affect a person differently. So I'll have mountains, then be back down on the land for a while, and then off to the water.

Maybe for a few months I'll be more balanced. I love sitting in my pajamas all day on my day off, drinking pots of coffee and trying to be as witty as Barbara Jean on the Reba show by watching episode after episode, but how can I become famous if I don't get fab-i-fied and my energy balanced? I also strive to be Lorelai Gilmore, which I've only told two other people that. I just can't stretch myself to be as tall as either one of these actresses! Maybe I have a height complex...? Maybe I need funny screenwriters to write my life.

So y'all will find me on mountain tops and you'll find me in the ocean in October. You'll find me one year older. You'll be so stinkin' jealous of how happy I've learned to force myself to be, you'll be begging to know the secret. Soon as I figure it out, I'll share it for $5,000 grand a pop. Anyone know how to mass produce dvd's? Wait I hate the way I look.... lessons on cd will be better.....

1 comments:

Unknown said...

So I would say that, yes you are very excited...