Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I'll warn y'all now. This may be a hurried, rough draft, rambling blog. Don't judge my writing skills, and the notion that my book will never get published if this is the way I write. People DO get editors for a reason. I'm hoping my boss's momma will be my editor and my cover artist, but thats another subject.

I have lots of things to hurry up and say!

First today is the day, that women were given the legal right to vote. YAY! Have I ever voted? No. Ya know why? Im too busy just being a happy person, and taking care of everyone to listen to politics. I should be proud to vote but I don't do it. You can be mad if you want. I'm probably not going to start either. For those of you, especially y'all girls, YOU GO!

Secondly, HAPPY NATIONAL DOG DAY!!!!!!!!!!! Hug your doggies!! I already had caffeine/cuddle time with my Dixie this morning. We do that every day. Get up, get coffee, get the blanket and watch the Weather Channel. She hugs me and cuddles with me. I always wanted a BIG BLACK LAB, and now I got one.... with a lot of her German Shepherd Momma in her. Its cool though, it makes her the best dog.... except this hiding under the bed chewing thing. I am so sore I can barely move from spending 45 minutes digging under the bed last night. Apparently it is fun to take socks and books and put them under the bed and chew them up.
Human flesh and fat can be smashed and shoved under a bed, but when my ribs got bruised from hitting metal I got mad. Dixie and I talked this morning though and she tried to understand English... but she's German.....

Speaking of Germany... one of my clients just got back from Russia!!!!! Yes I know. Two separate countries.
They ARE on the other side of the world though, so they have that in common. Anyhow, I got a HUGE gourmet chocolate bar from Russia! It is so prettily wrapped I think I may save the wrapper forever and ever. Amen. They sure write funny in Russia.... the "n"s are backwards. How does THAT makes any sense? "Oh lets just be different and turn letters backwards, and if little American children who are dyslexic and are being treated see it they will be SUPER DUPER confused!" How do you say Super Duper in Russian?

I'll tell you whats super duper. I feel loved by my clients! Mostly they are wayyyyy more than people that see me to get their hair beautified. A lot of them turn into dear, wonderful friends. I learn so much from them and have the most wonderful, deep conversations. Sometimes, we just get a good belly laugh that releases those "happy" endorphins and takes some stress away. The kind of laughs where I have to put my shears down or someone *me* will probably loose a finger.
In the past few weeks, I have gotten gifts galore. Its not so much the gift its the thought behind it. Someone is thinking about ME!!! Little ol' me!!!! I got the prettiest, brightest flowers and enjoyed them every day for almost two weeks! I smiled every time I saw them. I received an autographed book from one of my favorite authors!! Now that is better than an autograph from any movie star to me. I am way more super duper impressed if you write a book. I got the most beautiful wedding invitation today from a sweet "woman" I got to watch grow up. I could go on and on, but what I do all day, is much more than hair. It is me, being a life/hair coach... and the people I see everyday lifting me up, making me laugh, sharing their life through conversation. I would have never known how hard it is to use the potty when its just a hole in the floor, if I didn't come to work today.

So when life is surrounding me, air conditioners break down, cars break down, I worry myself sick about my Solider at war, worry about all of my girls, my parents, my family, my DOG CHEWING UP MY THINGS, at least there are breaks in the day that get me through, and make me a better person.

0 comments: